Thursday, July 14, 2011

The Last Time I Left My Body




As I am the world

The world is mine. 




My core dumps upward

The hillside of death



Springing in lighted nodes toward

The revelation of tomorrow's human form.





I am sport to God and god of games. 



Man rules the switch and track and train. 



Almighty electricity

Christ-savior fossil fuel




I upload the soul I've made my own. 


Consciousness like stale moss grows


And twines like vines

Up the leg of computer science.


Motherboard after death

Psychology of the server




How deep-blue may be


The unwound mind



Of the blinking deities

Industry and Invention?




I am fine and smell a wood fire. 


It is only my mind in time


A self-repeating mouse-click


On every link 'til doomsday. 



One final pool of thought and life and intention, 


Like a marble slab with human blood, 



Performing computations

In petrified silence. 




We are God and gods

And numbers and people. 




My flesh crawls, escaping up my arm

As I slowly lose need of it. 




The future is here in a jolt

From the wall socket.


And with nothing to my name

But a dissipating breath


I escape into my own blood


And flow, glowing


Into the wall.

No comments: